"I am on a journey... With my work, my explorations, and a few sad stories. I travel with a suitcase full of outrageous blessings. I am on a quest for truth, beauty, and quiet joy. I am an artist, a writer, an explorer."

Thursday 6 February 2014

Drifting Apart

Sometimes we drift apart from people whom we thought would be with us for quite some time, for years to come even. I'm not saying forever because nothing lasts forever, after all. Life's all about learning how to let go; it's the only way to find peace and balance in the present moment since we can't always control what is happening. 

So why do we drift apart? 

People change as they go through different phases of their life, feelings change, things that were once common bonds, common ground, cease to be. Distance separates people (although I tend to disagree with this one because where there is a will there is a way). Sometimes friendships come to an end because one end realises that the only reason they were holding on for so long was because they were hoping for something stronger, love maybe. There's a fine line between friendship and love.

It's sad when long friendships fade out. The people who knew us best, with whom we'd talk every single day, no longer occupy the same space in our life. Strangely enough, though, most of the time these are the people who'll make us feel that not one day has passed since the last time we saw them; they'll always be a part of us no matter what.

Marooned by Pink Floyd
 
Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment